• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5d mk iV corruption issues

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a Canon 5D4 & upgraded PS & LR to CC. Everything was working well with import & export, but over the last 4 weeks I have had 5/6 images which have corrupted on export. It has come up with " unable to read CR2 file" , so I've had to re-import file, edit & re-export again.
I've export the full-size files, fine, go to export the internet sized files & it can happen. Today it wouldn't read the CR2 file to re-import so I had to do it from the back-up drive.
Is anyone else having this issue. It's not happening to any other file from the Canon 5d3, Sony A7s or A7ii, just the Canon 5D4.

Want to see if it's LR issue or camera issue.

(Discussion successfully moved from Photoshop General Discussion to Photoshop Lightroom)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sheena+Kaul  wrote

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion

This sounds more Lightroom related.

Andy, what is your workflow?  Do you connect the camera to the computer, or remove the card and use a card reader?

I'm thinking it wouldn't prove anything if you just copied the files to the computer, and opened the RAW files in ACR, because it sounds like it is intermittent.

If you import using Lightroom, then I'd say we need to move your thread again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very intermittent, as once i replace the RAW file with the back up one everything works fine again. Its only happened a hand full of times.

I should say editing the RAW files is fine, its ONLY happened on export.

This is also using RAW files from both my CF & SD cards on the 5D4. So I'm thinking its not the cards as the backup files are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andyc,

Is your Lightroom application updated to its latest version 2015.9/6.9? If not, please update it and check.

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR CC which is fully updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are dealing with a hardware issue. If the image file is fine on import and editing and then becomes corrupted on export that look to me as a memory or hard drive error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it does sound like this is the case.

However............ I am also editing with Canon 5D3, Sony a7s & Sony a7ii files. And none of those files has ever been affected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andyc78437610  wrote

I'm using LR CC which is fully updated

Please tell us the exact version number of your Lightroom. Go to Help->system Info and report the version number shown there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.9 [ 1106920 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jessops where I purchased the camera have suggested I uninstall LR CC & re-install - would this help?
Prefer not to with the workload I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines