• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks in interactive PDFs

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an interactive PDF to extol the benefits of using interactive PDFs. Unfortunately, after I export from InDesign and the file opens in Acrobat, when I click on the hyperlinked areas nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide a lot more detail.

What do these hyperlinks do? Are they text hyperlinks or buttons?

Did you export to Adobe PDF (Interactive)? What version of InDesign? What version of Acrobat? What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BobLevine

Sorry for not replying, but I've been pulled away to work on other projects.

I will be returning to my Interactive PDF project in the next couple of weeks, so will respond with more information then.

All the best

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hyperlinks created from Indesign and exported as Interactive pdf work well, but if you are referring hyperlinked areas as interactive elements ,You should turn on the radio button which says to include Form and Media instead of Appearance only radio button in the Export to interactive PDF dialog box.

interactive.JPG

This will treat all your elements as interactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all of these boxes ticked but still not working for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They link to an URL. It's a text hyperlink, I don't know what a button is.

I've tried exporting to both interactive and print PDFs, it's the 2017 version of InDesign on windows 10. I don't have Acrobat PDF viewer it's Foxit reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have Acrobat, download the Adobe Acrobat Reader (FREE!). Browser and third-party PDF viewers often don't display interactivity, forms and high quality printing features properly! You can download from www.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve this has worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines