• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke facility requested in Export Module

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is now long overdue and glaringly missing?  I guess this means it is too difficult for the Devs to implement.  But in Club photography almost all digitally projected images are stroked images.  Most commonly white (as projected on a black background) but also black and other colours more rarely.

At present the export can resize, save as jpeg, assign the correct colour space (sRGB) and even rename but no stroke possible? 

I see another poster had a similar request but this has been ignored for six years now?

The stroke facility in the Print module is of no use unless it also exports etc as above.

Surely the Adobe Devs are good enough to implement this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do to from the Print Module with 'Print to Jpeg"....

Or there are PlugIns which do this such as Mogrify

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff

You are becoming my Nemesis.  please read my post completely before responding.  You will see the PRINT module is not of any use and this is well documented elsewhere.  It is correct to have an effective stroke facility in PRINT but one should also be present in EXPORT.  They perform different functions .

You are correct in pointing out Mogrify though this is documented (by others) as not being that User friendly.  Hacks, plugins, extensions and work-arounds are fine for short term fixes but a stroke facility is needed in the EXPORT function and it should already be there.  That being said it would be useful in Develop but since a stroke is a finishing 'flourish' so better in the PRINT module (where it is implemented already) but also in the Export function where it is missing.

Too many former art college graphic artists in these forums and not enough photographers .......... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see your point.

As a photographer for more than 40 years and using digital since Ps2.0 along with Lightroom beta....

The print module works fine for stroking as you want and outputs jpegs for showing... I have seen and done this with Camera Clubs.

Plugins are the nature of photo apps fro Photoshop, Aperture, Lightroom, etc....

Mogrify is simple to use and very effective - I use it frequently !! Maybe you could try it?????

Why would you want a stroke in Develop???? Curious????

Here are samples done in a couple of minutes:

1. simple white border from the print module

border.jpg

A simple coloured border from the print module

border colour.jpg

And a dual border with Mogrify....

mogrify.jpg

I don't know how this couldn't do what you want easily.......

The Nemisis strikes back!!!

Kids having lunch at home..... yes that's my hut behind them!!!

GW20161226-50049.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Geoff: I do agree that the Print module offers some nice options - and that it works well for a page layout - but how can you get individualised file naming, if you want to track which output file refers to which source image?

And what happens with all that carefully managed, meaningful metadata - including titling, keywords etc - that each separate photo has?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines