Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR: Library Folder List unusable during Auto-import

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

(running the latest Lightroom version CC 2015.9 on Windows 10 home, but not a new problem),

when Auto-import of images engages (immediately after starting up LR) the Library folder list jumps to the position of the Auto-Imported Photos folder. It does this after each successfully imported file, i.e. in rapid succession, which makes it impossible to select any other folder for which you'd need to scroll within the list. The only way to view any other folder than the one already selected on start-up is to wait Auto import to finish or to turn it off.

As a special treat, if the auto-import destination folder happens to be on an external drive (my case) which is not always mounted, an error message ("folder not found" etc.) pops up after each import attempt, canceling any drop-down menu you might have clicked in the meantime thus rendering it near impossible to turn-off auto-import unless you're Usain Bolt with the mouse pointer. Otherwise, click OK two-hundred times for the 200 photos in your Camera Uploads folder, until auto-import is fed up.

Any work-arounds are welcome (if I have to turn off and on Auto-import manually every time, it is not really an auto-import now, is it....),

a bugfix would be even more welcom-er,

Best wishes

JW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is similar in nature to what happens when an export adds the exported photos back to the catalog: Lightroom: Export/Add To This Catalog auto-scrolls the Folders panel, making it impossible to use | ... . I did a project over a year ago using auto import, and I didn't experience those symptoms, so I think this bug was introduced since then.

Please add a new bug report to the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Don't just link back to this thread, since Adobe probably won't follow the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the workaround described in that other bug report might work for the auto-import bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it help to uncheck this option, in LR Preferences?

preview.jpg

RP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't change the behavior in my configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does not help unfortunately - folder list still jumps back after each imported image.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines