Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015.9 release - trouble with import pictures

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was update my LR CC 2015.9 release last week and after that I was shocked with troubles during import pictures from CF card.

Instead of pictures I receive a blot of pixels??!! Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 16.26.14.png

as you can see on the Screen shot.

After first shock I was do the same with LR 5 ver 5.7 and the proscess was correct (another ScrShoot)

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 16.27.05.png

Then I was export pictures as a catalog (with originlas) and imported into LR CC. The result was the same as before (scrambled pixels).

Can anybody tell me what happened? What is wrong with release CC 2015.9 which is BTW last release!?!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

And yet, the only reasonable explanation for this is hardware, as Lightroom never changes your original photos. Lightroom only displays the pixels that have been sent to it from the computer memory, which contains the pixels sent to it from the hard disk, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are corrupted files. The corruption happens because of some hardware malfunction. You need to try different combinations of hardware when you import to see if you can isolate the problem. The problem could be camera card, card reader or USB cable, hard disk or computer memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply,

Unfortunately, I was tried to do the same on my 3 computers. The results are always the same.

So hardware is excluded. But anyway I will try tomorrow with one new card reader. And at last direct from camera (5D Mark II)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And yet, the only reasonable explanation for this is hardware, as Lightroom never changes your original photos. Lightroom only displays the pixels that have been sent to it from the computer memory, which contains the pixels sent to it from the hard disk, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those bad images are an indication that they have been corrupted somewhere during the import process. When you imported them to Lightroom 5, did you import them to the same location? Or did they get mported to a different folder? The logical answer to the problem is that you imported them to a different location using Lightroom 5, and that you have some bad sectors on your hard drive. As an experiment, remove the images from your Lightroom 6 catalog and import them again but to a different folder on your hard drive. It seems unlikely that this would be a Lightroom problem because nothing is changed in the import dialog, and all Lightroom does is transfer the images to the hard drive. Lightroom does not change the images in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines