• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm struggling making my grid match together.

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope this isn't too silly of a question. However, I am completely stuck. I struggling getting my rows to match my baseline grid. My baseline grid is set at 12pt, my text at 10pt with 12pt leading. I've also set my guides with a 12pt gutter however not one number of rows fit (1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 12, 16, 24etc). I've even set my top margin at 48pt from the top to link that up but still no luck. I'm sure this is a mathematical mis-understanding on my part. Thanks.Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 14.33.06.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-29 at 14.34.18.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or InDesign or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using InDesign. Sorry about that.

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the paper size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to run so I'm going to guess A4? If I guessed correctly...

Important note: The screen shots dim some the of baseline grid lines, but they are all there on my screen. I changed the color to black but it didn't make a difference so I put them back to the default blue. In the final shot I zoomed in so that they are a little bit more visible.

A4 paper with T/B margins as shown:
InDesign CCss_001.png

Baseline set at 12, start 0 from top margin:

InDesign CCss_002.png

9 rows with a 12 pt gutter:

InDesign CCss_003.png

You can play with the margins, but keep the distance between the top and bottom margin 744 pts for 62 baselines.

InDesign CCss_004.png

When I zoom in, they show up a little better.

InDesign CCss_007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines