Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to  save project as video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

You don't say what version of Ae you're using, so in the more current versions you have two options:

1) Composition>Add to Render Queue will give you the traditional Ae export options

2) Composition>Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue if you want to export in the background or to formats that Ae itself can't export to anymore.

Since you didn't provide any more information about what you're looking to do I'll leave it at this since these two options directly answer your question of how to save a projec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my version of AE (cs5.5), you can click "Composition->Make Movie", and give it a file name, codec etc.. It might be different in later versions. You are, I think really supposed to render it using Adobe Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what version of Ae you're using, so in the more current versions you have two options:

1) Composition>Add to Render Queue will give you the traditional Ae export options

2) Composition>Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue if you want to export in the background or to formats that Ae itself can't export to anymore.

Since you didn't provide any more information about what you're looking to do I'll leave it at this since these two options directly answer your question of how to save a project as a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming by saving project as a video, you mean rendering so that the project is in video format instead of as an adobe after effects file. File>Export>Add to render cue, or File>Export>Add to Adobe media encoder queue, does the job. From there you can choose what the file will be saved as etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines