• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronization error

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom 5.7 on both my desktop (Windows 7) and a MacBook Pro (OS 10.9.5), The Mac is my travel machine where I work on my photos while on the road. I export a catalog from the Mac with smart previews. When I import it to the PC instead creating folders in the place in the hierarchy and with same name, Lightroom creates a date folder in places all the photo there and without all the editing I have done on them. This process has always worked for me in the past. This is a recent occurrence. How do I get the photos where they belong with the proper names and adjustments?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Hi kenm,

Well, maybe something went wrong while doing the import, you create a test catalog and import the mac system catalog in it and check if that works fine.

Also, refer the article for the correct workflow: How to import photos from Photoshop Elements, other Lightroom catalogs, or apps such as iPhoto in Lightroom

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kenm,

Well, maybe something went wrong while doing the import, you create a test catalog and import the mac system catalog in it and check if that works fine.

Also, refer the article for the correct workflow: How to import photos from Photoshop Elements, other Lightroom catalogs, or apps such as iPhoto in Li...

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created the test catalog and imported the images from my laptop without an issue.   I next imported a backup file from the original catalog and that went fine. The problem was probably in the original catalog since the second import went fine as did the backup import. I'll continue to use the newly created catalog from now on.

Thank you for your help.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines