• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breakpoints are driving me insane

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have everything set but nothing looks right on the iphone 6+  can someone give me some insite on what I'm doing wrong? I have breakpoints at 1400, 1200, 1000, 768, 508, and 364

Here is my file.

Dropbox - PASB_Main_REC.muse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

I have fixed your muse file... You can download the file from: https://www.i-creative.gr/demo/dl/breakpoints.muse

Check the attributes of breakpoints and elements.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your 'Breakpoints Properties' You have select, for all of them, 'Fixed Width'... You will need 'Fluid Width'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple at fixed width. I was watching a video on youtube about having some at fixed and some at fluid by Dannie Boumont.  I also created one site in all fluid and it gave me even more problems.  Do you think this is the issue?  Or should I just create more breakpoints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you will watch again the video you will see Dannie use the last breakpoint as fixed cause she want 'parallax effect'. All the other breakpoints are fluid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I have the two larger one at fixed and the rest fluid. Just like her video.  I am still having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 'HOME' page and 'A-MASTER' all breakpoints are fixed.

Also you have pinned most of your elements in FIXED POSITION.

You are using 'Composition' at 768px... 'Composition' is not responsive widget.

If I can advice you...

1. Use breakpoints only if your design need them... For example, if your page don't break at 1200px don't use it.

2. Do not 'PIN TO BROWSER' ELEMENTS... Some devices don't work with this approach. For example:

Android 4.0-4.3 position:fixed inside an iframe will cause unexpected behaviour.

in iOS Safari 5-7, position:fixed will move to center of window with focus event on child text input field.

3. The handle 'DRAG TO SIMULATE BROWSER WIDTH' will help you a lot.

4. Google Chrome developers tools will help you also with 'Device Toggle Toolbar'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is helpful.  What is the composition? Is this the shadowbox widget?  what do you suggest in his place?  I need something that will provide submenus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The widget you had use for menu... Try the accordion panel. Its responsive. Inside Accordion use for example the Verical Menu widget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that and the submenus wouldn't work at all.  I finally did it this way.  the shadowbox isn't the problem the problem is my pinned items won't stay in place. and the site looks like a mess for different breakpoints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed your muse file... You can download the file from: https://www.i-creative.gr/demo/dl/breakpoints.muse

Check the attributes of breakpoints and elements.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines