• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you burn your projects onto a DVD?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client wants their file on a DVD.... I can't seem to figure this out. In the old days I always just used Encore. Now it seems every program I use degrades the video quality.

It seems all forum posts I've found say to use Encore.... but that seems SO antiquated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Just use Encore. You can do DVD or Blu-ray; it sounds like the client wants a DVD. You can set Encore to use AME for the transcoding, but it is better to export your files from Premiere/AME before importing to Encore.

Use the MPEG2-DVD format, and the appropriate preset (widescreen, framerate, etc.). If it is not a short program, you'll need to sort out the bitrate. If you are downrezzing from HD, in the export dialog, left side, set the crop to "Scale to Fill."

This will create an m2v and wav. If

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there's a DATA DVD and there's an AUTHORED DVD, as in "created in Encore and plays in a DVD player". 

Data DVD's don't play in a DVD player -- they're just a permanent storage medium.

I'll guess the client wants the file burned to a data DVD, but you'd better check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I did not specify. They want a VIDEO-DVD, that can be played in a DVD player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the client REALLY wants a DVD -- standard definition, not HD -- you still can use Encore.

But if the client wants an HD Blu-Ray, you'd want to use something like Toast, which can make authored Blu-Rays.

Considering they don't even MAKE DVD players any more, just Blu-Ray players that can also play DVDs, I'll guess you'll be making a Blu-Ray.  But again, it's wise to ask for clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just use Encore. You can do DVD or Blu-ray; it sounds like the client wants a DVD. You can set Encore to use AME for the transcoding, but it is better to export your files from Premiere/AME before importing to Encore.

Use the MPEG2-DVD format, and the appropriate preset (widescreen, framerate, etc.). If it is not a short program, you'll need to sort out the bitrate. If you are downrezzing from HD, in the export dialog, left side, set the crop to "Scale to Fill."

This will create an m2v and wav. If you are using a menu, add it first. Import to Encore "as timeline," selecting both files.

The Encore forum is here:

Encore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines