• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Clip Soundtracks/Account Sync issues

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been scouring the forums for an answer and can't seem to find one.

1) I'm trying to add original music (mp3 files) to a project in Premiere Clip. Apart from "Premiere Clip Themes," the other folders (Playlists, Albums, Artists, and Songs) are all greyed out. I don't have Apple Music - is that the only way to import music files from my device? I've put them in every directory I can think of on my phone (OnePlus One) and Clip doesn't seem to see it. What file paths do those folders/icons use?

2) Possibly related, but when I attempt to edit my profile in the app (change profile photo, for example), I receive an error stating "Problem loading profile details. Please try again later." This happens on or off WiFi, with or without "Use Mobile Data for Media Sync" enabled, including after a reboot. I've uploaded a profile photo via desktop browser, but it's still not showing up in the app. Is there a way to force sync? What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Hi Ben,

From the 2 issues you've described, it sounds like your account is in a bad state. Please try doing the following

1. Sign out Clip and quit the app

2. Launch Clip and create a new Adobe ID from the Welcome Screen

3. Within the new account, create a new project and attempt to add a song from your iTunes library – If a song is added successfully, sign out of the current account and sign back into Clip with your primary Adobe ID and attempt to add a song from your iTunes library and modify yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Premiere Clip app on your device?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have - even did a reboot between installations for good measure - no change in the issues I mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to clear the cache and then connect to a different network and check if the app tries to work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated in my initial post, I have tried this on different networks already to no avail. What cache? I've not found anything related to a cache anywhere in the app or the app's settings on my phone, and to be honest I don't see how that would make a difference after a clean reinstall.

I've worked in tech support for almost 9 years now so I'm going to assume these are standard suggestions you're required to make, because they don't seem particularly relevant given the details I've already provided. Can you please answer the specific questions in my original post? If not, can you refer me to someone who can?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

From the 2 issues you've described, it sounds like your account is in a bad state. Please try doing the following

1. Sign out Clip and quit the app

2. Launch Clip and create a new Adobe ID from the Welcome Screen

3. Within the new account, create a new project and attempt to add a song from your iTunes library – If a song is added successfully, sign out of the current account and sign back into Clip with your primary Adobe ID and attempt to add a song from your iTunes library and modify your user settings.

Sorry, I know this is not an ideal process but it has helped a few users in the past. Let us know if this resolves your issues.

Thanks,

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as the OP. I tried the fix of creating a brand new "Adobe ID" from the welcome screen as noted. I tried this twice, with different e-mail addresses, once on my mobile device and once from the desktop. Each time I fully uninstalled Clip, created the new ID, installed and logged in. I am using a Pxel2 XL.

No matter what everything is grayed out except Premiere themes. I have been using this service for months and this had been working without issue previously, This is a real problem for me and renders the app pretty much useless. Help is appreciated.

Screenshot_20180827-104040.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Same here

Have you managed to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I have tried everything you suggested and I still have the same issue.

Please help!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I know this is an old post, but after struggling with this all morning I found a solution!! At least for my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S9+. I would expect this to work in other Android phones but haven't tried.

After trying to add my music to Adobe Clip every possible other way, I discovered that it only works if A) it's an mp3 (even though the Adobe documentation says that WAV files will work), and B) IT HAS TO BE IN YOUR PHONE'S DOWNLOAD FOLDER. I haven't tried downloading directly to that folder yet, I have my phone hooked up to my laptop and I'm copying files into PHONE/DOWNLOAD. And it's working, every time. Each file shows up on SONGS in the app. I've added them to clips and everything.

One note: Clip pulls the title from the ID3 tags, no matter what you have the file named. So if you're not finding a song, look for it under another title. If you change the ID3 tag info BEFORE you copy it over to the DOWNLOAD folder, then the title will show up correctly. But if you already have the file in there and try to replace it with a new one with different ID3 info, the title will not change. You have to delete the original file from your phone and then add the MP3 with the correct ID3 tags.

Hopes this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines