• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a way to define output date or modification date

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working for a client with multiple versions of the same document produced monthly. In the masthead - they always have the  last day of the previous month - so if  for instance I am working on February - the date woud say January 31, 2017.  I would like to insert this as a  type variable -  I see that I can add a  new variable - but the date options are limited to output , modification and  modification us -  I am assuming that modification date is the date that the file  last was saved and that the output date is the date that  the file is printed or published as pdf. Is there a way I could define a new date?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Type Variables, I work on a monthly magazine (obv one month in advance), and I assume that if we use the "output" date that it should allow for the template to auto generate based upon what the output date is, however I don't see an area to put a document's "output date" and right now it defaults to the current month. If this isn't possible because it might affect other settings, then maybe a new line needs to be added for "Next Month" or a simple key addition to the MMMM name in the variable text box.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW notannhavoc, there is also "Creation Date" in the type variables area, So if you create the file on the date they want it to be (Jan 31st for ex) and then work on it later, you would have the date auto generate for that. I hope that helps you for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines