• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke Path Command Detail

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in CS6.  I am using the "Stroke Path" Command in the Path menu to apply a brush preset along a path, in this case a brush of some hairy texture which I created.  I am trying to figure out how to set up the command preferences so that my brush, the hairs remain perpendicular to the base path through all of it's curves and changes.  A more specific example.  Imagine a circular path to which I am trying to apply the brush preset.  As of now, the result I am getting is the brush preset orientation remaining fixed throughout the course of the path.  The consequence is, if hairs are perpendicular at 12 noon, they are on their sides at 3 and 6 o'clock.  What I want is for the hairs to remain perpendicular to the circle for the entire course, resulting in what appears to be a circular object with hair growing out from center on all angles.  How can I adjust the brush preset to make this happen?  I feel pretty confident that this is just a setting which I have yet to find.  This is such a wonderful and well developed tool that I find it hard to imagine that this ability was not included.  Thanks in advance for any and all help. John.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Look at the Brush settings for the brush that you are stroking the path with - specifically Shape Dynamics - Angle Jitter -0% and  Control - Direction

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sounds like something you might do with a scripted pattern, You may want to look at Adobe Research » Deco Scripted Patterns in Photoshop

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Brush settings for the brush that you are stroking the path with - specifically Shape Dynamics - Angle Jitter -0% and  Control - Direction

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.jpg

above 8% jitter below 0%  spaceinr 53% in both

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.  That was successful.  I still have one remaining issue.  Now when I use the "Stroke Path" command under the paths menu my hair texture ends up on the inside of my curve and I want it to be on the outside (hairy on the outside is so much better!).  If I use the actual brush tool this does not occur so I could retrace my shape with that if need be but it sure would be easier to find an automatic way.  Is there yet another setting which will make this change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave....Figured that one out so I'm good.  Thanks Again.  John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave, One more detail regarding the adjustment of this tool that I am hoping you have some insight into...whenever I use the "Stroke Path" command in the path menu to apply a brush preset to a path, the art created by the brush is centered with the path running directly through the central axis of the drawing.  Is there a way to control or shift the baseline of that drawn art relative to the path?  In the world of type this would be a baseline shift.  Any thoughts.  Thanks John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easiest way would be to duplicate that section of path then use Edit -Transform -Path to move it to where you want the stroke centred then stroke the duplicate (or you could stroke to a new layer then move that layer)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines