• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems opening After Effects

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening all, long time listener, first time caller here. As a bit of a novice I am hoping to be in hands as safe as they feel here.

I am running AE CC 2017.1 on my HP Zbook 17 G2 (windows 7 64bit) for my 3D animation and modelling postgrad. All relatively new so no memory issue- have been using AE fine from the creative cloud for a number of months.

I have tried to fire it up this week and am continually presented with the attached image, and my whole system freezes.error.jpg

I am using version 373.06 of the NVIDIA drivers- I'm assuming these automatically updated at some point.

I have avoided trying anything so far like trying to install an earlier NVIDIA driver, and have not tried any workarounds such as managing the 3D settings in the NVIDIA control panel as this seems to be something that would need to be done before every use of AE.

I would appreciate any help- I am new pretty much all of this having only really dealt in 2d hand drawn animation previously- I'm just glad I don't have a deadline to meet on top of my meltdown,

Please, have at it.

Many thanks in advance and I apologise if I have omitted anything useful.

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Hey Mark,

That is most certainly an odd error message.  You mentioned that you assumed the drivers updated, though they may have not.  I'd still try to update though this really looks like a different type of error than drivers.

It might be a long shot, but I'd power down the system, open the case and ensure the video card is seated properly, if you are even able to as this sounds like a laptop.  Seems very "hardware like" in that error message though I did a quick search and it has been seen befo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark,

That is most certainly an odd error message.  You mentioned that you assumed the drivers updated, though they may have not.  I'd still try to update though this really looks like a different type of error than drivers.

It might be a long shot, but I'd power down the system, open the case and ensure the video card is seated properly, if you are even able to as this sounds like a laptop.  Seems very "hardware like" in that error message though I did a quick search and it has been seen before and may actually still point to drivers.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. they can do die & as most graphic cards in your computer are part of motherboard therefore not removable, you try to get it fixed or get a new PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a uninstall and reinstall? Also, make sure your NVIDIA  card is free of dust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

Any luck on this?  Did you try and update the drivers to be sure?

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input everyone- I did a full re-install of AE and updated the drivers for NVIDIA- things I should have probably done before starting the thread. But I'm happy it seems to have sorted the problem.

The only difference is that when AE starts it prompts me that there are an import and an export plug in missing, but I am able to export directly from After Effects or use the media encoder.

Thanks again, I am much calmer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines