• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default corner radius of rounded rectangle

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if anyone has come across a way to edit the default radius of rounded corner shape/mask tool. I thought creating a dummy layer where I set a corner radius for my mask using up/down might save the last know settings for that tool.... nope. I often have multiple images laid out within a comp that that all need rounded corners, sometimes larger radius, sometimes smaller radius, but I want all corner radius to match. Double clicking the the mask tool will fit the mask shape to image size (which I want in this case), but there is simply no way that I can find that will change or set that initial radius. Masking the alpha in photoshop would work... but it would be the painfully long way around.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Thanks Roei! Unfortunately "Set Matte" doesn't match the relative position of each new image in the comp.

My workaround is as follows:

• Keyframe a master mask for each image size in the comp and copy that keyframe across all images of equal size
  • One step further add an expression to the mask path to reference the master path so when I make an adjustment to the master it effects all images connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way that I know of other than creating an animation preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but there is simply no way that I can find that will change or set that initial radius

if you create a shape or mask using the rectangle tool, you can press the up/down arrow to adjust its corners (same as you do with illustrator). if it's a mask, once you set the corners, there is no parameter to change it differently other than manually adjusting the handles of your vertices. if it's a shape, you  can easily change the rounding of the corners after the fact through the roundness parameter

I thought creating a dummy layer where I set a corner radius for my mask using up/down might save the last know settings for that tool.... nope

if you create a mask or shape and adjust it's parameters with the arrows, Ae will remember the last setting you used for the next mask/shape you make. if you click twice on the parametric tool, it will reset the parameters or the specific shape to the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you create a mask or shape and adjust it's parameters with the arrows, Ae will remember the last setting you used for the next mask/shape you make. if you click twice on the parametric tool, it will reset the parameters or the specific shape to the default.

Really? I mean really? Shakes head... So close, yet so far. Corner radius adjustment, a feature that is available in every other Adobe design app and has been there for many versions still isn't included in 2017. I looked all over AE scripts too, can't believe someone hasn't written a panel for this yet. I guess its time to get my code on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I mentioned, It is available as a parameter adjustment for shapes. If you need the shape to serve as a matte you can use the alpha matte feature or use the set matte effect. If you have a feature in mind, you can submit it in the wishform page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roei! Unfortunately "Set Matte" doesn't match the relative position of each new image in the comp.

My workaround is as follows:

• Keyframe a master mask for each image size in the comp and copy that keyframe across all images of equal size
  • One step further add an expression to the mask path to reference the master path so when I make an adjustment to the master it effects all images connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing your workaround, sounds like a neat workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines