Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting with external watermark/footer watermark on an image

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This may not be something that is possible right now, but figured I'd throw the question out anyway. I work with a company that doesn't want the watermark on top of the image (yes, I know, defeats the purpose... but they have faith in their users not to crop it). Is there a way to create a "footer" watermark or one that extends out from the bottom of the image rather than laying it on top? Basically the inset would be negative... but that's not an option in the traditional watermark area in export. Is there a way to do this easily? 

I have created an automation in Photoshop to accomplish this, but it takes a lot longer and requires my intervention with each image so I'd rather go with Lightroom if there's something already in place.

thanks!

-morgen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Check out the print module in LR. You can customize a page size, and a smaller cell size for the image. Place the signature on the page below the image. Print to a jpeg file instead of a printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe doing the watermark as a signature in the lower corner of the image. This is how i do it. It makes the art have more value because it makes it seem like it is signed by the artist. I show it here with my signature as my name with a .com but it can just be a signature. I made the signature with my wacom tablet in photoshop on a layer and threw away background layer and saved as a PNG file.

Aloha

Randy

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 9.33.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response, but as I mentioned in the original question, that's not what I'm looking for. I know how to create a watermark on my images. I have a client that very specifically does not want a watermark on top of the image, it has nothing to do with what is contained in the watermark, they want it below the image so the whole thing shows.

I have created an automation in Photoshop to accomplish this, but it takes a lot longer and requires my intervention with each image so I'd rather go with Lightroom if there's something already in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the print module in LR. You can customize a page size, and a smaller cell size for the image. Place the signature on the page below the image. Print to a jpeg file instead of a printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR2Mogrify will let you extend the canvas (of any colour) and place metadata as a caption/watermark where you like. The plug-in is configurable to export a jpeg to use as you require. http://www.Photographerstoolbox.com  If on PC installation of LR2Mogrify involves adding imagemagick using a legacy version - follow the links with Mogrify - you will be surprised by Mogrify's power even if there's a learning curve.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines