• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another mad former DFC user...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I understand my DFC migration offer ended in February. So today I get billed $32 for the new adobe plan. That's fine, if that's your price, it's your price. But now I want to cancel my membership. When I go to do so, I'm going to get billed $175 cancellation fee! Are you kidding me? So when was I supposed cancel? Or when can I cancel without getting slapped with your ridiculous fee? Was this hidden in your fine print?

DFC was easy, seamless, and no hidden charges. Switching over to Adobe has been anything but easy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

I would advice you to Contact Customer Care as the billing details are not shared on forums because it is an open source.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

I apologize for the trouble but the charge that it is showing you would be the early termination fee about which you can go through the Adobe - Subscription Terms

You can also Contact Customer Care for further queries on cancellation and billing.

Let me know if you have troubles connecting to the support.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena. I understand that. But I think that's a terrible business practice.

When Should I have cancelled? How late was I?  When can I cancel without getting ripped off with this "early termination" fee?  Can I have a specific dates please?

A quick google search has found a LOT of complaints about this policy. Why is it still in place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thank you for your response. I'm not mad at you personally But completely turned off by the company you represent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, I understand the anger you have and it is because of the workflow of cancellation.

If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when does my order start? I do not want to make the mistake of subscribing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the issue is, I didn't place the order to renew my subscription. It was AUTOMATIC. So I didn't have the chance to cancel. I would like to know the exact date I can cancel without being charged anything for doing so.

I think that's a fair request since I'm stuck paying for a year of something I didn't want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would advice you to Contact Customer Care as the billing details are not shared on forums because it is an open source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started