• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still can't import raw files from Nikon D500 after payment to upgrade from LR 4 to LR6

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paid $80, updated from LR 4 to LR6. Still can't import raw files from Nikon D500. Need to know if I need to pay more for more updates so D500 Raw files can be imported into Catalogs? So should I ask for my money back for the useless updates from LR 4 to LR 6?

Still need to know how to import raw files from Nikon D500 to LR?

Please help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

It's just a matter of checking your camera model against the supported cameras table and downloading the relevant update.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The D500 was first supported in Lightroom 6.5. If you're running an earlier version, then Lightroom won't recognize the Raw files from your camera. You now have version 6 so you're entitled to free version 6 updates. Update to 6.9 (current). There is no more to pay and nothing useless about your upgrade from version 4 to 6.

In Lightroom, click Hel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum.  I'm not concerned what you paid or if you want a refund.  I can't help with that. 

You bought Lightroom 6.0.  Emphasis is on the zero.  Every few months Adobe adds new cameras to the RAW formulas as the cameras come out.  If you do some googling, you'll find that your Nikon needs something like Lightroom 6.7 or so.  It is now on 6.9 (I think!)

What you do is look at the Help menu for "Update".  Your 6.0 will update to whatever is current and your Nikon will be included.

If that doesn't work as advertised, there are a two or three other ways to accomplish the routine updates. 

Good luck and enjoy your new Nikon and new software!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a matter of checking your camera model against the supported cameras table and downloading the relevant update.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The D500 was first supported in Lightroom 6.5. If you're running an earlier version, then Lightroom won't recognize the Raw files from your camera. You now have version 6 so you're entitled to free version 6 updates. Update to 6.9 (current). There is no more to pay and nothing useless about your upgrade from version 4 to 6.

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info to see which version you are running.

Download updates in Lightroom via Help > Updates. Sometimes the Update mechanism says there are no updates when there are.

You can manually download and install version 6.9 from

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know and thanks for the direct links to get me up and running! Appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines