• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR cache corrupted in Lr?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been noticing Lightroom shows a lot of my edited photos as seemingly corrupt. Weird color bands appear on the picture. I open the same image in Photoshop (ACR) and the same corruption appears.

I noticed however that if I just move the image to a different folder and open it again in Photoshop, the corruption disappears.

This leads me to conclude that somehow the ACR cache for this image was corrupted, and every time I open it in either Lr or Ps, it's going back to the same corrupted cache. When i move it to a different folder, it's having to generate a new cache for that image, and everything's fine.

1 - is my theory right?

2 - if I am right, how I can solve this? I already tried purging the ACR cache in Lightroom.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 2.38.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 2.38.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 2.38.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-30 at 2.44.11 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deactivating the GPU acceleration and see if it helps: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that. Unfortunately, it doesnt seem to help. Even restarted after disabling GPU acceleration. Same result.

GPU acceleration only affects Lightroom right? My problems seems to be with both Ps and Lightroom, which leads me to assume it's a more fundamental problem with ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a NVIDIA graphic card? Should be fixed with the latest release.

Image previews and thumbnails look tiled or broken on Windows

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a 2016 Macbook Pro, which I believe has an ATI GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go ahead and delete the cache.... it will be rebuilt over time.

I'll be interested to see if that resolves the issue.... It will do no harm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i already tired that, but it's still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried opening the files in PS and LR on another computer, and they all worked well. So it's definitely something on my computer that's causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some more experimentation, and it's probably not something within ACR, but definitely within Adobe, that's causing the problem.

I deleted everything related to Adobe on my computer, and reinstalled everything. The photos which previously appeared corrupt are not rendered just fine.

However, new photos are being shown as corrupted. One of these newly corrupted photos is a TIFF, which means it didn't go through ACR.

So deleting all the Adobe stuff solved some problems.... and created new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means you have hardware problems, a disk about to fail, or bad RAM. I'd backup everything ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd agree. Make sure everything is backed up and run tests on your disk.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve been trying some things, and here’s what I’ve found:

(1) If I disable GPU acceleration, the Develop Module displays the images fine. However, the previews in Library Module don’t update to reflect this (even after quitting Lr and restarting).

(2) I tried deleting the Lightroom previews associated with my library but still keeping the catalog. Then I reopened Lightroom to find a number of my images being displayed as corrupted.

I try opening these files in Photoshop, and they show the same patterns of corrupt (black vertical stripes, white/magenta bottoms, etc). However, if I copy/move these images to another folder, they appear fine. In addition, if I open these files (they’re on an NAS) in Photoshop on another computer, they appear fine as well.

Finally, I restore the catalog previews. Everything goes back to as it was before. Some of the “corrupted” images go back to normal while some normal images become “corrupted”.

(3) I tried completely uninstalling then reinstalling Lightroom, Photoshop, and everything else Adobe. This worked… for about a day. Then everything went back to how it was.

(4) I should mention that every time I’m able to get an image back to normal again (for example by reinstalling Lightroom) the next time “corruption” occurs, it’s usually with another image. The process seems random.

(5) I ran Disk Utility checks on my disk. Everything appears fine. Also ran hardware diagnostic (pressing “D” during startup) and everything was fine as well. I’m running 10.12.4 on a 2016 (touchbar) MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines