• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is It Adobe Reader Free For Commercial Use?

Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , is it adobe reader free for commercial use?

Can you i have a answer?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Yes you can install on you own computer at the company. It's ok if the computer belongs to work, it's ok if you use it for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please anyone can help me to answer on this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What commercial use? The answer to all licensing questions is by definition in the EULA, but we may have a non-legal idea for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Means it allowed for company use? is it no need license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use the software as a tool within your business? Yes of course. Anyone can use it.

Can you resell the software? No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to help answer your question (within what is allowed under the law because I am not a lawyer) but you must explain what you mean by the completely vague "commercial use" phrase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Means it allowed for company use? is it no need license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, all commercial use is by a company. What use do you want to make?

I'll tell you some things you can and can't do. Maybe it will be a starting point. Remember, this license is a LEGAL CONTRACT and only a lawyer can give official advice; this is just my personal idea from other replies.

You CAN install Acrobat Reader on YOUR OWN computer and use it to read and print PDF files.

You CANNOT put Acrobat Reader on your web site.

You CANNOT sell Acrobat Reader.

If you look after the computers in a company (IT support) you CANNOT install Acrobat Reader for the OTHER PEOPLE in the company, unless you get an extra (free but important) license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you means , i cannot use it on my company pc ? I only can install to my personal device.

Is it correct?

Thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can install on you own computer at the company. It's ok if the computer belongs to work, it's ok if you use it for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys.

You say

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Test+Screen+Name  wrote

but, where in the license agreement can I find this statement? I read it but it was not clear.

Can you point me an official source where I can legally proof this?

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, by default the Adobe Acrobat Update Service starts with Windows and also updates the Adobe Acrobat Reader to newer versions automatically. (Correct me if wrong)

Will the newer versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader (Free version) remain free for commercial use (one can use it for work)? or

Should I disable Adobe Acrobat Update Service to run automatically then check the license of newer version and then install the newer version manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to simplify this.

At one point in time, there should be atleast one "source" which states whether commercial use is allowed or not (or any other facility) from the service provider. "Source" could mean anything from main webpage, FAQs, pricing/comparison page, EULA page, official forum/community, agreement before installation, agreement during installation, email/phone support etc. One source stating whether a facility is available or not should be enough!!!!!!.

An example: Aeroadmin main webpage explicitly states that business use of the software is allowed but there is no mention of business/commercial use on their EULA webpage. This is a perfect example to show that license agreement is not the only source for finding availability of a facility like commercial use.

If there is more than one source making the same claim of a facility being available like commercial use then that is ok. But if there is one source stating that commercial use is allowed and another source stating that commercial use is not allowed at one point in time then that creates confusion among the users.

Hence, in future if Adobe plans to make newer/latest versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader for non-commercial use and states this on a source such as license agreement, FAQ etc then this page (which is a source claiming commercial use is allowed) should be edited as being invalid for newer/latest versions. In this case, it would also be helpful to continue providing older versions which are free for commercial use.

Hope, this is insightful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license agreement is the ONLY legal source. No comment, permission or explanation can change this. Lawyers like to argue over interpretation of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your above answer is labeled as the correct answer. Thank you very much for that. As this is the official community/forum of Adobe your above correct answer is obviously an official answer. A similar question on this community [ https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/a-free-version-of-acrobat-reader-dc-for-commercia... ] has also been redirected to this page for the answer.

In case, you don't want your above correct answer to be an official answer then kindly edit/delete it. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines