• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop keywords entering as sub categories?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a large catalogue containing a big variety of images which I have carefully keyworded.   One of my keywords is Birds and I then have loads of sub categories under this with keywords of different types of birds.

If I enter another new keyword which isnt related to Birds eg on a photo of a White Tailed Eagle -    I would keyword it  Birds, White Tailed Eagle, Scotland, Isle of Mull

- how do I prevent the non bird related keywords (Scotland & Isle of Mull) from being placed as a sub category of Birds?

I hope I have made my problem clear!

Thanks

Joy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, when keywording type: Isle of Mull < Scotland, White Tailed Eagle < Birds.  Alternately: Scotland > Isle of Mull, Birds > Eagle.  This will set up the keyword hierarchies if they're not already set up.  Now navigate to keyword list to see the hierarchies.  If they're already set up wrong, as seems to be in your case, you can click and drag a category or sub-category, place it on top of another category, release and it will now become a sub-category of the category upon which it was dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou - I am used to having to drag all the non birds out of that category!

Ok - so if I put '>'  it will enter it in the Birds category?    I have tried that before and it just gives it 'Birds > Robin' - all as one keyword!  - but I have just tried it now and it seems to add the Robin as a keyword and does put it into the Robin category under Birds, (but doesnt actually apply Birds as a keyword in itself.)    Thanks for your help - I think its a bit clearer now! 

So all my 655 pics with 'Birds' and then 'type of Bird' as keyword are not correct?  -  I have manually dragged some into the Birds set if they havent gone in automatically.    Is there a way I can put that right by selecting all and making the appropriate alteration to the keyword for all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are more than likely in the Birds keyword when creating the other entry. you have to be in the Top level part of the Keyword list or if you have a Places top level keywording set in that before you enter that.

If that is All One keyword then that is what you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have right clicked the Birds keyword, and chosen Put New Keywords inside this Keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines