Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renamed Files lost

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a few catalogues containing approx 5000images each and have accidentally DELETED the RAW files. However I do have backups of the RAW files. But the issue is that the Backup RAW files have the Original file names. The images I lost were renamed inside the catalogue but once I try relink the the catalogue with the backup images it prompts me to Locate 1 picture at a time.

Please do let me know if there's another way around this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have renamed during import, LR does not keep the original filename.

If you have renamed later, the original filename is kept in metadata.

There is no 'automatic' way of correcting this that I know of.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file was renamed later after some edits. Is there anyway to rename the files to original file names so that the backup RAW folder can then be merged to the catalogue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Select them all, then press F2 (or Library>Rename) and in the Rename dialog, click the down arrow to select Edit and the Filename Template Editor will open....just select "Original Filename" in the Image Name box, press the Insert button so that the template has only that field.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried doing that. LR does not allow me to rename since that option allows only if there files are linked to the catalogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you SQL savvy?

Here's an idea: https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/restore-original-filename-to-missing-photos.7952/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines