• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabbed Panel Widget - width problem...

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would seem there is a spacing issue with the tabbed panel when it comes to width control.

To replicate try the following;

1. Drag out a new Tabbed panel from the widget library
  2. Remove one of the three default tabs
  3. Delete the content from within the content panels
  4. Remove styling from all three states of the tab buttons themselves (primarily the stroke)
  5. Resize the entire panel to 130px
  6. Verify the option "Total width - Uniform" is selected
  7. Verify in the spacing panel that there is no horizontal or vertical gutter set

Now theoretically the above should result in two tabs @ 65px each.

Instead as you'll see below, we have one tab @ 65px and another @ 66px, with a 1 pixel overlap.

Try to reduce the 66px tab and you end up with 128px=64px+65px

I've tried everything, adjusting the inner text box, etc etc.  No matter what I always end up with uneven overlapping parts.

Any fix? Alternative?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visually, it looks like from your image there is more space to the left of the "Y's" on one than the other. Is the an extra space or something in there? The right side set of Y's is where I see the extra space to the left. Also just out of curiosity...opt click the original size you want and see if that gives you an exact width duplicate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HMMB​

It looks like there is more space on one versus the other because there is 🙂  The left has 4 y's whereas the right has only 2.  But just to be sure I counted pixels in photoshop and they are both perfectly centered (less the overlap).  I trust muse doesn't always expect the same characters in all tabs, but just to rule it out I include another screen shot below

I had already tried resetting the total original size a few times and just received the same unbalanced result 130px=65+66

This time I included 65px bars across the top as a reference point, you can see that the right tab protrudes 1px to the left causing the overlap;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could just single out that page with that element and save it a Muse file post here ...I'd be glad to look at it...or if Guenter or Pavel are around ...this stuff is simple for them...they are great at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your attention HMMB​, I'll be curious if you can find anything...

Mail.com File Storage

I recreated the file making it easy to spot the differences as below;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me have a look and then will update you.

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the file...that tabbed widget and it seemed really buggy...I've used it but never noticed it behaving that way before. When I go to use the transform tool to adjust the size by one pixel at a time it jumps irradically to larger sizes no matter what I do. I hope Guenter and or Pavel or someone from Adobe will check out your example file. I did have to zoom in quite a bit since it was only 130 pixels across. But I created a new file with just a tabbed widget and that was just how it worked ...not to mention the sizing problem...let's see if someone can jump in here and help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

you can read my more  specific comments over on the Beta muse forum......definetly not right...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging the widget jumps to arbitrary larger sizes, using the up down arrows same thing, enter a precise number in the transform size box and it jumps to whatever it feels like...enter 300 it jumps to 552 and do on ...and then there is that pesky "1" pixel difference between two tabs. Make a 300 wide panel with two tabs 150 pixels each. Good luck...one will be 151 and the other 150. Clear all contents and styling and it works for a moment two tabs 150 each do anything come back and look at the tab label sizes and they have changed. Annoying bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How does that answer the question? What arewe missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines