• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canceling My Account

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently went corporate and no longer need my personal Adobe account. I went in to cancel it and got the message it was canceled and that $175 will be charged to my account. No warning whatsoever! I had no idea it cost money to cancel. You would think after giving Adobe thousands of dollars over the years they would just respect the fact that you don't need it anymore. Plus every update seems to make Adobe crash twice as much, but that's beside the point.

It just charged my account for the next months payment. Is there any way possible to get at least a little bit of my money back? Apparently, phone help is not available for my account. So here I am. Hopefully, someone can help me.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you had an annual contract price, cancelling before the term is over is like cancelling a lease; there's a penalty.

the charge is 50% of the remaining lease.  because the annual contract is less expensive than the monthly contract there has to be some penalty for early cancellation or it would make no sense for anyone to use the monthly contract.

anyway, make sure $175 is ~1/2 the contract obligation you agreed to with your annual contract.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the terms for early termination of a subscription are clearly defined by the license agreement you agreed to when you took out the subscription.  No one ever reads those, but that's part of the price of not doing so.  The only hope you have for getting something back is to pursue Adobe directly... these forums are not the direct connection you need.  Don't get your hopes up too much.

Contact support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_change-or-upgrade-your-mem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I get that, I just want the money that just got autodrafted for my April payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a grace period during which time you can cancel without any penalty or charge.  how long after the renewal date did you cancel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mwinter067,

I have replied to your Email, please respond back to it.

Regards

Rajashree

Follow us at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mwinter067,

I have sent you a personal message, please check & respond.

Regards

Rajashree

Follow us at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines