• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import certain tiff files

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the message that the files appear to be damaged or corrupted. They open in all sorts of other software. These have not been scanned by me but are mostly pages of scanned books downloaded various places including the internet archive. My Epson scanner tiff's import properly.

I see that this has been a problem for quite a while, and wonder what if anything is going to be done about it, other than me manually converting the files to jpgs outside of Lightroom.

Also find it VERY odd that Lightroom cannot import pdf files, since the pdf was invented by Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Is there a problem with spaces in the file name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the TIFF in Photoshop, then do a "save as" and produce a new iteration. Try importing that new file. Any luck?

Did you go through similar threads on forums?

Cannot import TIFF files into lightroom cc. Error message: the files use an unsupported compression...

plus you can import images from pdf through the Book Module or Slideshow Module.

Please check the following article , export from Book Module : How to make photo books in Lightroom

Export from Slideshow : How to play and export slideshows in Lightroom

Let me know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I don't own photoshop.
  2. I'm not getting "unsupported compression algorithm" errors. I am getting "file is corrupted" errors, and that is total nonsense, since I can open it in Windows native picture viewer, and irfanview too.

And that thread also mentioned, btw, that it's a complete pain to go through files one by one and resave. I have hundreds of such scans. Besides, if Photohop (an adobe product) can manage to open these files, why can't (they make) Lightroom open them? I don't want or need photoshop, as I'm not a pro. I want to adjust exposures, fix red/pet eye, crop, and manage my photos by key words and geographic location. I also edit the capture date, since I'm scanning old family photos and slides from years of travel in a pre-digital age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS to the pdf remark. I guess I didn't make my point. I know how to create slide shows. It's the ones I received from others I am trying to open, that and other documents that are pictures/scanned images that just happen to be pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines