• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding scores

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Elements 15.  I am guessing this is very easy, but I can't seem to figure it out.  I have a project with multiple video clips.  I am adding musical scores to them using the built in scores.  I want the music to change.  So for example, I inserted the Aura score to the timeline.  Then after that, I added the Outer Space score after the Aura score on the timeline.  These scores automatically have blank spaces at the beginning and end of each score, i.e., no music plays at the end of the Aura score or the beginning of the Outer Space score.  I don't want it to be that way. I want the music to go right from the Aura score to the Outer Space score with no gaps in the music.  Is that possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automatic scoring appears to have built in fades in and out.

Try putting them on separate tracks with an overlap.  If you get the overlap right it seems to work pretty good ... at least when I tried it. 

To do this I moved the video to Track 3.  Then I moved the audio scores to tracks 1 and 2. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The best way to do that is to trim the music using trim handles.Move the mouse to beginning/end of the music and left click and trim(move the mouse).

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pgauba  wrote

Hi,

The best way to do that is to trim the music using trim handles.Move the mouse to beginning/end of the music and left click and trim(move the mouse).

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

To help the OP, I tried that.  The fade in and fade out does not go away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trimming the end only make Elements recalculate the fade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone!  It's too bad there's no way to turn off the automatic fade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the fade. Music should not stop suddenly unless the scene asks for it.

Stack the scores in different tracks and let the end fade cross the begin fade of the next score.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My scene needs the music to stop suddenly, i.e. I don't want the fade.  So I will be using Whsprague's suggestion.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines