• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverting to 2015.7 - again

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally lost patience with 2015.9 today. Yesterday it failed totally to tether the camera (EOS-1Dx): constant Spinning beachballs, failed captures and a full crash. I ended up untethered all day for an expensive interiors shoot embarrasing​

Today, in post, clicking on a thumb in the film strip that is not in the centre causes everything to jump several images to left or right; hard to explain this but it is very distracting and hard to work with (.7 behaves in the expected way with the selected image thumb moving smoothly to the middle).

Sporadically clicking a thumb in grid view brings up the wrong image - most delightful is when I select an horizontal image and it brings up the crop for a vertical.

What a mess Adobe - I had to uninstall 2015.8 because it was impossible to demo safely to a workshop I was running. With another workshop next week, I cannot risk running .9, so another failed release! LR could be so good if it was beta'd and tested properly.

MacOS 10.12.3 / 4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr 2015.9 incorporates a new Tethering SDK from 'Canon'. If it isn't working as you would wish then please post to Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian, I will certainly do this. Tethering issues were a major blow (and something that stupidly, I had overlooked when using since release). Some of the other UI issues should have really have been picked in testing though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen the other issues you describe. However, when I do see odd behaviour I always try resetting Lr preferences. More details on this can be found at How to set Lightroom preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that done early on, with no resolution. When I have time, I will re-download .9 and give it another try - for now my priority has to be reliability. Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines