Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old removed book automatically reappears after being removed

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Forum,

My configuration is MacOS 10.12.3 + Kobo touch. I used to download epubs from my library, without any troubles for years.

Recently, I downloaded 3 books, sent them to the kobo for reading. Then, I removed them from Digital Edition.

But the 3 books still appears each time I run Digital Edition, and are marked as "New". A new file /Users/greg/Documents/Digital Editions/CloudSync/Library-Sync-Book-11.acsm is created, even if I delete if from Digital Edition and from finder.

I tried to completely remove Digital Edition and all related files (following instructions from https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6641815?start=0&tstart=0 ​), and reinstall it : same behavior, the 3 files still reappears. And what is strange is Digital Edition Still knows my AdobeID...

One more little thing new happened now : I downloaded a new book from my library. I can open it from Digital Edition. But now book cannot be opened on my Kobo because incorrect Adobe ID. I tried to remove and set it again, this has no effect.

How can I solve these problem ???

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards,

Grégoire.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow...not a single response...none in other posts as well; this is really frustrating and ridiculous.
This has happened to me recently and although I don't have a solution, I think the problem may be with the syncing process.
I don't know...this is really annoying...I had 2 books doing this, and it slowly increased to 4-5 expired books.
I can only remove them from the library, I can't return them or read them. I've deleted all the data, and they still come back as blank books.

Great service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old ebooks in my account​Adobe Digital Editions

I have the same problem, but it is DOZENS of books. And every time I register a new device or computer they show up again. This drives me batty. It slows everything down, and they are really hard to remove from my iPhone, where there doesn't seem to be a select all function. This really needs to get fixed. !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi has anyone figured out this problem??  I'm currently having it as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, anyone found a solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. I've deleted everything I can think of to do with digital editions and reinstalled, and these "ghost" books keep showing back up. In addition, if I try to download the book from the library, since it's a book I actually want to read, adobe digital editions crashes and can't fulfill the book. But then if I open digital editions again, there's another copy of the book, even if I deleted all the files. None of these versions of the book can be copied to my nook... digital editions crashes. So I basically just can't read any library books at the moment....?? And of course I know of no other way to get around adobe digital editions for borrowing library books. Oh, and if I try to download an old version of digital editions, the downloads page from adobe link to get to 3.0 sends me to a poorly formatted html page with no download link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright friends I fixed my problem: booksareawesome​ you were definitely on the right track, I had to re-download an old version of digital editions, I also ended up on the weird sketchy website (Adobe Digital Editions downloads​), if you scroll down far enough you'll get to the download links for 2.0.1 and 3.0.  Once I deleted the most recent digital editions and then downloaded the old version, I was able to fix my problem, although I had to redo my authorization and such, but my library books are working again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my iphone. Some dowload links are always coming back. I tried several proposed solutions but none are working. 

Not the de-activate sync and delete files

Not deleting the files in the sync folder by connecting my iphone to imac

Not reinstalling the app. That was even worse as all books were re appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic!  Took some doing but successful.  Had to install MS Framework first, which failed initially but successful on 2nd try.  I'm now using ADE version 2.something.  "Ghost" copies of Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash are gone and I donwloaded a single version from the library which is now on my Kobo and open for reading.  Thank-you for taking the time to post this solution!   ...Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my iphone. Some dowload links are always coming back. I tried several proposed solutions but none are working. 

Not the de-activate sync and delete files

Not deleting the files in the sync folder by connecting my iphone to imac

Not reinstalling the app. That was even worse as all books were re appearing. Luckily I was able to delete most of them but as time passes, i get more and more links that can not be deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines