• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 CRASHES and CAUSES PC BSOD While EXPORTING

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - i just need to point out that LR 6 has always crashed on me when exporting more than 100 images.

I just installed the latest version of lightroom last week and now the PC gets a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) and LR crashes when export more than 6 images.

I have turned off the GPU acceleration which has not fixed the issue.  I have tried many things and nothing seems to fix the issue.

When I use LR 5 the exporting works just fine.  This is very frustrating that I paid for LR 6 and have not been able to use it to the fullest.

I am not sure what else to try besides uninstalling the entire LR 6 and reinstalling just in case.

I am in Windows 10 PRO with all of the latest updates, All Samsung SSD, 32GB of RAM.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom pushes your hardware harder than most programs. Your crashes are almost certainly caused by overheating. You'll need to clean the dust out of the heat sink on your cpu chip. And out of the rest of the interior of your computer.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Hal+P+Anderson  wrote

Lightroom pushes your hardware harder than most programs. Your crashes are almost certainly caused by overheating. You'll need to clean the dust out of the heat sink on your cpu chip. And out of the rest of the interior of your computer.

Hal

and also make sure all the fans in the case are working properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks for the reply -

My PC is a custom PC which I built with top of the line components over 1.5 years ago.  Trust me that there is No Dust in there and there is no over heating since my i7 overclocked 4.6GHz is water cooled : )

..I clean all components on a monthly basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No heating...I have a total of 8 Corsair fans in my Corsair case.

The issue is with LR6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other hardware malfunctions that can cause this crash, such as bad memory chips, or a malfunction in the motherboard or CPU. You need to run diagnostics on your hardware. Also, you may have a bad/corrupted/out-of-date video driver, try reinstalling.

By the way, it sounds very much like you are asserting that YOU KNOW there is no overheating, rather than opening the case and confirming this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify things a bit...first of I've been in the field of IT for over 20 years building servers and custom PC's.

I am also a developer for Wall Street trading systems - so yes I do feel that I fully understand and I am knowledgeable and know for a fact that my custom PC is not over heating and I do have all of the latest updates for all drivers and windows 10.

Now that said - since day one that i upgraded to LR6 I've had problems with LR.  With LR5.7.1 I have no problems.  LR5.7.1 I am able to fully import, generate 1:1 previews, export over 5,000 images at full RES without any issues.  With LR6.9 I will get CRASHES exporting 6 images, CRASHES and BSOD if I export more than 10 images.

So far I have not been able to find a solution to this issue.  Adobe has not been helpful at all and so far this forum has not helped either.

Will be nice if Adobe can see this post and point me to the correct path in getting this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the thing is that apps don't cause BSODs. Bad hardware or bad drivers do it, though.So it isn't likely to be an Adobe problem.

That said, it might be interesting for you to run a program that is guaranteed to stress your machine. Try downloading PRIME95 and running it in "stress test" mode. It stresses hardware more than anything else I've tried.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PRIME95 is one the few programs that I always use when I build and overclock a PC.  PRIME95 has been ran for over 24 hrs on my PC several times thru out the year to make sure things check out OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rafaelj7809245  wrote

there is no over heating since my i7 overclocked 4.6GHz is water cooled : )

The fact that LR 5 runs error free is probably due to changes made in how the Export module functions in LR 6. This simply means LR 6 has different resource utilization, which reveals an issue with your system. Like you I also worked in the computing technology industry, but in memory system development. We were never able to develop a stand-alone memory test program that could reveal issues some customers experienced with their applications running under the OS. In most of those instances swapping out the memory generally "fixed" the issue.

Have you tried running the system with absolutely NO overclocking (including memory) and see if LR Exports still crash or cause BSODs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking of doing just that - Turn down the overclock to see what happens and then try with no overclock.

Will update post when I've taken these steps and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:
I fully uninstalled LR6 and did a fresh install of LR6 along with each update and turned down my OVERCLOCK to 4.5Ghz instead of 4.6Ghz
I was able to export over 10,000 images in full resolution without an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue. BTW- When doing a LR 6 reinstall it's only necessary to load the main 6.0 Installer and then the desired update (i.e. 6.9). Each update install file contains all of the previous updates.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines