• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"You must uninstall before continuing. To inst..."

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am running a Mac OSX 10.9.5. My browser(s) are Safari 9.1.3, and Google Chrome 57.0.2987.110, which I believe is the latest Chrome update. I am getting this error code when installing Adobe Flash Player. "You must uninstall before continuing. To inst...", and that is it. For the first question: What does it say after, "To inst..."?
Second question: what do I need to specifically do? When I click the highlighted, "Uninstall" button. Nothing happens. I installed flash before, but I restored this Mac OSX. Never getting this error code before. And since I can't finish the solution, what do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Thanks for the screenshot.  I believe if you click on the 'i' in the message, the rest of the text will display.

Are you trying to install Flash Player for Safari?

The folder is there.  It's a standard Apple OS folder.  It's the user's Library folder, as opposed to the system Library folder.  Please do the following:

1. Select the Go -> Go to Folder... menu item from the Finder menu

2013-04-16_11-19-25.png

2. Copy and paste ~/Library/Logs into the Go to Folder dialog

2013-04-16_11-21-47.png

3. Locate the "FlashPlayerInstallManager.log" in the fold

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you hover the mouse over the error message a tool tip window will display the entire message.  What version of Flash Player are you trying to install?  If it's the message I'm thinking of the message normally displays when trying to install a beta version on a system that has a stable version installed, or vice versa.

Please post a screenshot of the tool tip error message and the installer dialog window.

The FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file should provide more information.  The file is saved at /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs.  Please  upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria. I tried hovering over it. Nothing happens. This photo explains it. Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 11.02.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And trying to find the folder, it gives me, "Folder not found".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot.  I believe if you click on the 'i' in the message, the rest of the text will display.

Are you trying to install Flash Player for Safari?

The folder is there.  It's a standard Apple OS folder.  It's the user's Library folder, as opposed to the system Library folder.  Please do the following:

1. Select the Go -> Go to Folder... menu item from the Finder menu

2013-04-16_11-19-25.png

2. Copy and paste ~/Library/Logs into the Go to Folder dialog

2013-04-16_11-21-47.png

3. Locate the "FlashPlayerInstallManager.log" in the folder that appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I uninstalled it and got the beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that the message.  Essentially that message only displays when a stable version is installed a user is attempting to install a beta version, or vice versa.  In these instances the installed version (beta or stable) needs to be uninstalled in order to install the other (beta or stable) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well when I restored my pc, I put in my eBay bought Adobe Flash Professional CS3. I don't know if it has to do anything, but I have an application called, "Install Flash Player 9 UB". It could've been the cause of it. Well, thanks anyway Maria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that could very well be the reason.  Some version of Flash Professional included Flash Player (some had the stable version, some had the content debugger version, I don't recall the details).  It's likely this is the reason for the behaviuor you were experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines