• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign panels don't come back with tab

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something started happening in Indesign to me last week (been using InDesign since it's start) and i can't figured out issue. After i set-up my workspace/tools and hit "tab" to hide everything I hit "tab" again to bring my workspace/tools back and nothing comes back up? Anyone know the answer to this problem, I'm sure it's something simple in my preferences but i'm not seeing it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you press Esc then Tab? Do they come back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me from time to time. If I reset the workspace, it comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or what happens if you just hit tab by itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up nothing is working, tried all the above including resetting workspace and restarting computer ... hitting tab by itself hides workspace, but then when i hit it again by itself nada (just like before). I'm just going to use one of the default indesign workplaces for now. Thanks for your guys input regardless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try undocking the panels and then use Tab to switch views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have two monitors or is your window floating (not using application frame)?

I've had users missing the panels on the right disappear and seem to not come back.

What happened was ID pushed them off screen right thinking the monitor was wider or there was a second screen.

Activating the Application Frame fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a last resourt you could reset your Indesign preferences

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... so i can't say why, but i restarted computer again this morning and things are back to normal. ... oh well that's for all the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines