• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open some photoshop files after saving them.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

Recently, I updated to 2017.0.1 20161130.r.29 x64 and I've been having an issue where I save a file, and then can't open it again. Other photoshop users can open it, then save it with a new name, and then I can open it again. It's very strange.

When I try to open one of the files, I get:

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 4.31.12 PM.png

If i check the log, this is what I find:

/Volumes/workarea/PS_18_Mac_Daily_Retail/20161130.r.29/photoshop/main/photoshop/sources/UPattern.cpp : 1694 : REQUIRE failed

I have no idea what this means and can't find it anywhere. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

So I don't know what the problem was, but essentially we had to go remove the Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 Prefs.psp file found here:

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 Settings. That seems to have solved it for us.

We didn't delete it, we just added .old to the end of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today this is the practice, most C++ implementation files will use the ".cpp"extension and ".h" for the declaration of header files (the last one is still shared across most assembler and C compilers). There are other common extensionsvariations, such as, ".cc", ".C", ".cxx", and ".c++" for "implementation" code.

Have you added Photoshop Add ons? I use a PC not a Mac  the error you listed seems more related to computer programming the to Digital images.

Try startik Photoshop with the Shift key held down When you get the popup have Photoshop skip loading optional software.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is one plugin installed. Coolorus  2.5. We've tried saving and loading the psd without the plugin and still received the error. We also tried with CS6 on the same machine which doesn't have the plugin and the file still won't open. But, again, it opens on other machines.

Something interesting we found is that we tried once with only a brush stroke in the doc and it was fine, but when we used a shape we had the problem. We've tried a bunch more times and it really seems to be based around shapes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I don't know what the problem was, but essentially we had to go remove the Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 Prefs.psp file found here:

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 Settings. That seems to have solved it for us.

We didn't delete it, we just added .old to the end of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines