• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2017 - iMac 5k 2014 Video Card Issues (random black boxes)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I'm getting these weird issues that appear to be video card related. Occasionally in after effects when scrubbing through the timeline I will get these random black boxes appearing. I've tried rooting through all my layers to see if soloing or eyeballing them off would effect the black boxes but it doesn't. They just randomly appear and when they do they tend to stay there. For instance, the one in the screenshot appeared at around a minute and always shows up in that exact place but it goes away when i scrub back to 50 seconds.

I'm running an iMac late 2014 27inch 5k Model OS 10.10.4.

4 GHz Intel Core i7

28 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

After Effects 2017 14.0.1.5

Below is a screenshot of the issue in my viewport. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12299360/Video_Card_Issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but for me it's not random, it happens when a footage is missing in that frame.

iMac 5K 17,1

Sierra 10.12.2

After Effects cc2015 13.8.1.38

4 GHz Intel Core i7

RAM 32 GB

AMD Radeon R9 M395X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of you, please consider updating to the 14.1 version. There were a number of big fixes in that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Szalam but I can't, we have a corporate licence and it's until cc2015, not cc2017.

Maybe downgrading to cc2014?

thanks

elena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

colombazaa  wrote

Thank you Szalam but I can't, we have a corporate licence and it's until cc2015, not cc2017.

Maybe downgrading to cc2014?

I feel your pain. Give CC 2014 a try. You're running 13.8, so CC 2014 (13.2) can open any project files created in your newer version without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LittleZoppo,

Did you update your software and did that fix your issue? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated and it does not appear to help this particular project file. HOWEVER, when I copy the assets into a new composition it appears to be ok. I haven't seen the issue crop up yet, so I'm wondering if it was the perfect storm of things going wrong between what was happening in AE and the versioning of AE.

All that being said, we've moved back down to 2014 and have not been seeing any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Littlezoppo,

Sorry to hear that. I am thinking that the comp you were working may have been corrupt somehow so that's why it probably worked when you copy/pasted those items into it. I know you have reverted to CC 2014, but when you move back to the current software, and if you begin to see those digital noise anomalies again, please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines