• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a PDF interactive?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I really struggle with Forums and I'm 72 so be kind.

I'm the director of a charitable Trust. We have a Word Press website and have courses on Sensei. I wanted to make a Keynote presentation, upload it to a post on Sensei and have our students be able to manipulate the slideshow but I dont' think that can happen SO

I noticed that on the exercise file from course on Lynda.com that there are PDFs that are interactive so the PDF opens and I can click on the links and either go to another page on the PDF or to a website. How do I do this? I don't want to get into complex things like InDesign and our Trust can't afford an 'authoring' tool.

Anyone can help me?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Here is a video tutorial about adding links to a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat XI: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/creating-and-editing-links

If you have a newer version of Acrobat, the user interface will be different, but I can tell you that the link tool (and all other tools you might need) can be found by using the "Tool Search" function in Acrobat DC:

2017-03-31_10-31-31.png

Just type part of the tool name into that search field at the top of the "Right Hand Pane", and then pick the tool from the list it returns:

2017-03-31_10-30-50.png

O

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get tied up on "authoring tool". It's just an app for making stuff. You certainly have at least some already. For example, Microsoft Word. But still, do you own Acrobat? That is, do you have Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard, perhaps with a monthly subscription? Or do you just have the free Acrobat Reader/Adobe Reader?  You would need something able to add form fields and interactivity - which may not be an authoring tool at all (Acrobat is NOT).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a video tutorial about adding links to a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat XI: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/creating-and-editing-links

If you have a newer version of Acrobat, the user interface will be different, but I can tell you that the link tool (and all other tools you might need) can be found by using the "Tool Search" function in Acrobat DC:

2017-03-31_10-31-31.png

Just type part of the tool name into that search field at the top of the "Right Hand Pane", and then pick the tool from the list it returns:

2017-03-31_10-30-50.png

Other than that, the tutorial should be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines