• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background audio

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a wedding website on which I need background music (I know, I know) to play automatically as each page is loaded. At the top of the page needs to be a mute button which toggles to a play button. Many audio players can do this (I have bought SIX now) but NONE of them will work on all platforms - PC, tablet and mobile phone. They all have this quirk when viewed on the mobile platforms - they will not autoplay. You have to a) wait for the audio file to load, which takes a while, b) you have to click the mute button, then click the play button, then click the mute button again - and then the track plays. This is the case on all bought audio players, even though they say they work on all platforms, and even though some of them allow the configuration of mp3, ogg and wav file versions, presumably for the three platforms.  Am about to give up - any ideas for a fool-proof widget which will autoplay on all platforms?  This sounds a simple question and should have a solution, surely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you found out, it doesn't exist. There's simply no way to control the behavior in particular on mobile devices since for millions of reasons like only allowing one foreground app, energy saving considerations, app sandboxing and a lot of other stuff the audio will almost always only be initialized with delay or upon user request. You might as well just give up. Even the "dumb" stuff with teh plain <audio> tag doesn't always work and that alone says enough...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines