• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Tethered camera support Nikon D5600

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon camera D5600 was released 8 months ago in 2016 still Lightroom  not supporting Tethered  option for Nikon D5600 . Adobe has added support in cameraraw couple months ago . is any one know what they will supoort Nikon D5600

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

It's also important to note that Adobe doesn't necessarily provide support for tethered shooting for every camera model. The only people who know whether or not that support will be provided in Lightroom are those who work on the development team. And they aren't allowed to tell you anything. You wrote to Nikon and got their response. Now, you'll just have to wait and see when/if support is added for the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe knows, but they never announce such changes in advance. Adobe has to wait for Nikon to update their SDK package before they can add support to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply . I have spoken with Nikon to update their SDK package for 5600 . Below are their response.

Kindly be advised that  it will takes time for 3rd party to update  on this matter, we have no control over that and are not in a position to comment further. However The D5600 is supported using the latest version of Camera Control Pro 2 at http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/85.html. it  can be used as a full function trial for up to 30days.  After that, If you wish to continue you would need to buy one to continue using.  That will be a fuller function control software compare to Adobe.

Here is complete response from Nikon

Nikon Response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the way Nikon completely left out the part where they have not updated the Nikon SDK to support the D5600 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also important to note that Adobe doesn't necessarily provide support for tethered shooting for every camera model. The only people who know whether or not that support will be provided in Lightroom are those who work on the development team. And they aren't allowed to tell you anything. You wrote to Nikon and got their response. Now, you'll just have to wait and see when/if support is added for the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are now in October 2017 has this been resolved by Adobe to allow the Nikon D5600 to tether? I have tried and does not seem that it works.

I can use Nikon own software but it's not user friendly. I'd prefer to keep using Lightroom like I have in the past with previous models of Nikon DSLR cameras.

Please let us know when will it be added.

And if your looking for a programmer to get it done, I am a programmer and I can possibly assist with getting it done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now Oct 2018 and I am curious where we are with this. I spoke to Nikon who indicated that they weren't going to help with any third party issues not when they have their own tethering Live system The Camera Control Pro 2 (which runs $ 149.) From what they tell me I could shoot live using Camera Control and see the images before I shoot but not develop them as I could if the interface worked with Lightroom. I want to buy a camera but want it to be able to work with Lightroom, tethered, live so I can use my laptop screen to adjust what the lens will photograph. The list, however, of supported cameras does not include one Sony camera, so I am wondering if we are at that place where each manufacturer is hunkered down in their bunker not playing nice with others. Here is my question. If I buy a D5600 and attach the cable to my laptop where I am running Lightroom classic, then indicate I want to tether, what will happen? Does anyone know? It is essential I be able to use my laptop screen to compose the shot - before I shoot. 2nd question, if not them then who? Canon seems to be the most obliging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joelh33703351 Nikon D5600 is now compatible with Adobe Light room software. Now it only works after the picture is taken and it appears in light room. There is no preview prior to taking the picture in Lightroom. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The D5600 is supported for tethered shooting in Lightroom Classic CC. It is not supported in any previous releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines