Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative to Digital Publishing Suite - Interactive Magazin

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am studying mediadesign in germany and need help with my bachelor thesis.

I am looking for something where I can create a digital magazin with, like the weird magazin did in 2010.

Introducing the Adobe Digital Magazine Workflow |...

I know there is no DPS anymore, can you reccomned an other option to create a interactive magazin from InDesign files,

where I can switch between articles horizontal and read the articals vertically?

Thank you all in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leoniloves.

What version of InDesign are you using? InDesign CC has a great feature called Publish Online. You create your magazine and when you are ready to publish it click the Publish Online button in the top right corner of the Application Bar.

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 10.38.49.png

You can share it on Facebook/Twitter as well as copy the url to share it with someone or get the code so it can be included in a website.

It supports many of the interactive features DPS did. Here is a link to what it can do.

Use Publish Online to publish your InDesign documents

However it won't switch between landscape and portrait unless you have built both versions (this was also the case for DPS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The disadvantage of Publish Online is that content can't be monetised.

Have a look at ePub and in5 Ajar Productions: in5 - Home

You may find this chart helpful (reproduce with kind permission of Keith Gilbert).

tablet-publishing-solutions-chart.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it's for a Bachelor thesis it won't need to be monetised so not an issue for Leoniloves I don't think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,

I know about the publish online function in CC, but thats not what I am searching for. Because its

only working horizontally and i would like to read the articles vertically as well.

An other point is that there are a lot of bugs in this feature. I can only view it in Chrome and it freeze all the time.

So i guess its better to have something offline.

And i just neet to view it on the tablet, no need to be monetised.

At the moment i am viewing my files with the Aquafadas program, it wokrs horizontal and vertical, but not all animation functions are working.

So i have to search for something else.

Thank you for your answers so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have particular requirements but I think being able to reformat content for horizontal and vertical aspects is not as important as being able to automatically reformat for screens such as laptops, iPads and smart phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Derek,

thats true for some magazines. But I decided to design a magazine for an tablet only and I cannot change my bachelor thesis at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use InDesign to create a Fixed Layout ePub which can be viewed on a tablet using iBooks. If you wish to have a landscape and portrait version you will need to create both of those layouts in InDesign.

Here's a link and some examples of FXL publications.

Design a visually rich fixed layout EPUB |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I need to scroll in both sides, the epub is only working left and right.

I guess there is no better solution than Aquafadas so far for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines