• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes Disappear

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent forever downloading all these free brushes that were going to really help me.

Then i spent a lot of time loading them in.

I used them last night, NOW THEY ARE GONE?

This is the second time this happened......what am I doing wrong???

Only thing I've done is close PS CC, I didnt even turn off my computer!

ARGH....can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

You say you installed them.  What does that mean? 

Copy the .abr files to the location in this link, but not that you need to substitute 'CC 2017' for CS6

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

Your new brush sets will then be available by right clicking inside the image area, and then left clicking the little cog icon

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try restarting (or even cold booting; turn your system off, wait about 10 seconds, then turn your system back on)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you downloaded your brushes as .abr files, then they are still somewhere on your hard drive.

Then, if you loaded these brushes one-by-one into your existing brush set, but failed to save the updated brush set before closing Photoshop, then you have lost those brushes and will need to re-load them all in. It sounds like you right-clicked in your document, selected 'Load Brush', which then added the new brushes to your existing brushes, but you forgot to save them after loading the new ones in.  I've done this many times when using Tool Presets.

Tip- if loading them brush-by-brush into your existing set, make sure you save the set before exiting PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You say you installed them.  What does that mean? 

Copy the .abr files to the location in this link, but not that you need to substitute 'CC 2017' for CS6

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

Your new brush sets will then be available by right clicking inside the image area, and then left clicking the little cog icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines