• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making lo res pdfs

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make a lo res pdf they are almost the same size as a print quality...Any answers on why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

for example, maybe your PDF contains only text (without any photo)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for example, maybe your PDF contains only text (without any photo)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all text, so the pdf should come out much smaller. I am currently on the latest version of InDesign. I have set the dpi at 72 on color and greyscaled. Nothing will reduce these file. Old files similar to this one were coming out under 100kb. Now when I make these same files in lower dpi they are 500kb. I have tried everything...can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your pdf in acrobat and then file - save as other - reduced size pdf

Choose for example Acrobat 9.0 and later...

Info from adobe site:

If you’re certain that all your users use Acrobat DC or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, limiting compatibility to the latest version can further reduce file size....

Ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resolution settings won't have an effect if it's all text. most of the file size would probably be embedded fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a quick solution? I saved as and reduced size and still 500kb. Just looking for solutions. Is it since I have InDesign CC2017 or Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in acrobat DC, have a look at Tools > Optimize PDF, then Advanced Optimization, then the Audit Space Usage button.

this'll give you a little report on what's taking up space and give an idea of what can and can't be reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it will probably be either the embedded fonts and/or embedded colour profiles.

Are you using one of the presets? 'Smallest File Size' will convert everything to sRGB and embed that profile, which will be much smaller than one of the common CMYK profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone. Figured it out. I needed to make an Interactive PDF instead of a print PDF. Problem solved. Most of these PDFs are being attached to emails. 

Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines