Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing a book, always Save As

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running InDesign CC (2017 release).

Anytime a book file needs a save. I get the "do you want to save" message. When I click Yes, the Save As dialog box appears and then the whole "do you want to replace" the book file.  It's kinda annoying, just save the book file and close. I've seen this issue for previous versions of InDesign. Is there a workaround or fix for this?

thanks!

tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it saved in an earlier version of InDesign? Were the INDD files saved in a previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Yes these are book files from the CS4/CS5 days that have gone through an update with each new InDesign version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s normal with each new version. Once you’ve saved it all in the new version it shouldn’t be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I do understand the first save, but that was months ago just after the InDesign update. Everyday I open a book and files in the book. Edit, Sync, Update numbers, etc. - put the book file in an unsaved state. Now i want to close the book and files. I run the nice save all script to save the individual InDesign files and then close the book file. I get the "Do you want to save the book" message. Clicking Yes should save the book file and close it. But now the Save As dialog box appears and I get to go through the "Do you want to save" and "Are you sure" again.

It's just annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines