• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Segmentation Boundary Selects Entire frame instead of strokes on foreground object

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a .mov clip in After Effects and I am trying to use the Roto Brush tool on a foreground object. On the first stroke, the segmentation boundary selects the entire frame instead of the foreground object. My questions are: Why does that happen and what to do to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any idea about your footage nobody can tell you much. Some scenarios simply don't work that well with RB due to its internal logic. If cleaning up the selected regions by subtracting strokes doesn't work, then chances are slim that it will ever work in the way you possibly want it to.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, we don't know if you're making Rotobrush mistakes.  It's not an intuitive too, you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi brendalynh,

Did you ever solve your Rotobrush issue? Please let us know what happened or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines