• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't connect to SFTP server in Square

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client had a mess of a website on squarespace. I created an entirely new and beautiful website in Muse and now I cannot find the FTP or SFTP server in Squarespace to upload the new completed Muse website. Squarespace documentation is not helpful. Should I transfer domain name to Adobe or 1&1, go Daddy, etc. so I can upload new site? How do I find the FTP server. I have found the .git address and the DNS settings in Square Space as a Developer, but Muse doesn't want this. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

in the case of Adobe BC you would give the new site a name like (yoursitename.businesscatalyst.com) and the transfer whatever.com to this new site so;

whatever.com & yoursitename.businesscatalyst.com would both go to the same place... allow a week for google search to catch up

If your client doesn't want to keep the old whatever.com name then things are easy but its not a major stress

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the case of Adobe BC you would give the new site a name like (yoursitename.businesscatalyst.com) and the transfer whatever.com to this new site so;

whatever.com & yoursitename.businesscatalyst.com would both go to the same place... allow a week for google search to catch up

If your client doesn't want to keep the old whatever.com name then things are easy but its not a major stress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless things have changed since I used Squarespace, you would not be able to upload a Muse site. Squarespace is a self-contained system, similar to Adobe Portfolio.

You will need to use BC or a third party and, as USS Norway says, transfer the domain name. You'll need to find out where the domain is registered and change the DNS settings to point to the new host. Most providers have comprehensive documentation on how to do this.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. Your advice confirms what I was figuring out from all the documentation (and lack there of) on how to upload Muse sight. And I will know for next time.

Do you know if WIX is self contained as well? I work with a lot of small businesses that launch on Square and Wix before they give up and come to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Wix is also self-contained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines