• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling issue when recording a Software Simulation

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that I can't seem to find from googling or looking around on the forms.

I'm recording software simulations, and my settings are as follows:

Whenever I have to scroll down during my recording, Captivate captures a video. This is fine except on these particular videos when you watch the captivate back the last frame bounces back to the first frame before it proceeds to the next slide. This looks like a weird hiccup when the learner is watching the content.

I've tested every setting I can think of that might contribute to this, but no matter what I do the scrolling videos still have this "hiccup" frame when I record like this.

I don't see this extra frame if I play just that slide using the timeline at the bottom, but I do see it when I preview the captivate project, so I'm unable to see any possible edits to do on a particular slide.

Others that also use captivate at my office are experiencing the same thing, and one of my team members was able to get around it by recording that slide again as a video demo instead of a software simulation. This seems like a workaround to me, and not how the software was intended to work.

This seems like a really silly thing for me to not be able to figure out, but I'm beating my head against the wall. Any ideas as to what's causing this? Is it fixable?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Hi there

Near as I can tell it's a bit of a bug and I'm not sure of any setting you might enable to prevent it from occurring.

One possible workaround would be to simply insert the background image of the following slide in order to ensure there is no brief jump. Try inserting it as a new layer just above the video and time it accordingly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Near as I can tell it's a bit of a bug and I'm not sure of any setting you might enable to prevent it from occurring.

One possible workaround would be to simply insert the background image of the following slide in order to ensure there is no brief jump. Try inserting it as a new layer just above the video and time it accordingly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick!

I tried to implement your idea, but when I "paste as background" it just goes over the whole scroll video on the timeline. I don't see a way to do some kind of "add layer" like you can in flash or photoshop. What am I doing wrong when I insert the background image?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try inserting as an image. Then it should float above everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!

Here's the exact steps of what I did in case anyone else has this issue because it's not completely obvious. Also I'm in captivate 9, not sure if the steps will be different in other versions.

1. Go to slide right after the video that features the hiccup.

2. Right click on that slide, and select "Find background in library".

3. Right click on that image file, and select export.

4. Save the image file wherever.

5. Go back to your video slide.

6. Select Media, Image from the menu bar and pop in the image you saved.

7. Down in the timeline at the bottom you'll now have a layer of this image. Drag it on top if it's not already.

8. Shorten it so that piece only covers the last 0.3 seconds of the video.

9. Preview and see no more hiccup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy that helped!

FWIW, you can omit two or three of your steps there.

1. Go to slide right after the video that features the hiccup.

2. Right click on that slide, and select "Find background in library".

3. Click the video slide to call it into the editor.

4. Click and drag the background image from the Library and drop it on top of the Video slide.

5. Shorten it so that piece only covers the last 0.3 seconds of the video.

6. Preview and see no more hiccup.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources