• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cannot create a catalog error

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched and I see this question asked, but unanswered from a year or more ago. I'm hoping that someone will be able to give fresh eyes. I am getting the error:

Lightroom cannot create a catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" on volume "OS (C:)" because Lightroom cannot save changes to this location.

I have checked the permissions and they are set to Everyone, Administrators, and the profile of the user signed in as Full. This is a Windows 7, 64-bit installation.

How do I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the folder itself where the catalog is to be written? Does it have both read and write permission?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What folder would that be? I checked permissions based on the only information I could find on a search. That told me to check the permissions on the Lightroom folder within Pictures. Could you direct me to the other folder, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check inside of the Pictures folder for a Lightroom folder. That Lightroom folder is usually where the catalog is created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the folder that I checked the permissions on. Administrators, Everyone, and the local user all have Full rights to that folder within Pictures --> Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other catalogs? Why are you trying to create a new catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom cannot create a catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" on volume "OS (C:)"

You are trying to save the catalog to the root of C: - my guess is that is the problem. You probably don't have full rights on the root of C, and it's not a good idea anyway to save anything there.

If you want to save the catalog to the My Pictures folder, you have to select that folder in the New catalog dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I would get that message every time I opened Lightroom Classic CC but not the new Lightroom CC. I tried to create a new catalog and it didn't work either. I was able to finally get past it tonight by right-clicking on the Adobe Lightroom Classic CC icon and then run as administrator. Seems to work just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dear Friends

I Had exact the same problem.

just right click on lightroom.exe in the main folder of light room and follow these steps:

Choose Properties.

On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.

Click OK.

If you see a User Account Control prompt, accept it.

my problem solved this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines