Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get a soft light leaks like in this video

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I need help. I can't create a soft light leaks like in this video: EpicChillstep Music Visualizer - YouTube

All tutorials on Youtube show how to make a really strong / intense ones.

Could anyone send me a links to some tutorials or describe how to do it?

Thank You!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Light leaks are commonly created from capturing them on camera and superimposing them one a video using the screen blend mode. All you are left to do is find the right light leak video. A youtube search on "film leak", "burn film", "light leak" etc. will get you close enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Light leaks are commonly created from capturing them on camera and superimposing them one a video using the screen blend mode. All you are left to do is find the right light leak video. A youtube search on "film leak", "burn film", "light leak" etc. will get you close enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tutorial about creating lights leaks using nothing but Premiere: https://bit.ly/MakeLightLeaks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see anything in this frame that could not be recreated with a couple of blurred solids and Lens Flare if you manipulate the blend modes and opacity. Here's a 3-minute workup using two copies of animated lens flare on top of a shape layer with a semi-transparent gradient full, Gaussian Blur, Turbulent Displace, and Hue and Saturation on top of a composite made from a black and white image of a singer on top of an Ellipse on top of a starfield. The only thing missing is the Audio Track and Audio Waveform. I don't believe any of the overlays in the video sample are stock light leaks footage.

Screenshot_2020-08-27 19.29.09_2oX5xT.png

Not saying that using stock footage isn't a good idea, just saying that it is not necessary for that kind of a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines