• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE STAFF: XD + Illustrator?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie to XD - but have been using Illustrator and Photoshop for over a decade and professional front-end designer for apps. XD is a great product. However, to make it go from 7/10, to 10/10... I have a few questions...

If Adobe are going to do the whole prototyping thing, and absolutely kill it in the market... I'd BEG them to allow these three (easy to say, hard to do) features:

1) Importation of layered vectors, effects, colours, spacing, etc., directly into XD - nearly every designer I know in major tech companies use Illustrator or even Photoshop in some very large companies (no joke).

2) Parsing of so XD can animate, move, transition etc with 'quick export' to After Effects and be re-imported again, and / or use of 3rd party presets. Squall.no already does AE iOS animations brilliantly. Having the functionality straight within the prototyping tool would be a god send. Many designers use AE for animations, and it would be a great cross-use of the Adobe product bundle.

3) Exporting function, so all of the CSS / Java (front-end code) is 'ready to package' to Testflight for iOS (or Android's version) that can be saved offline on iPhone / Androids

If Adobe could take designers from UI/UX guys to front-end coders, they would have completely changed a market.

The question is... how close are Adobe to creating this dream-world?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Hi, nodrawing_london-

Thanks for reaching out. You're right that a number of these requests are pretty difficult to do, but you can upvote them in UserVoice to let us know that it's worth doing.

First, let me say that we've been working on bringing in objects from Photoshop and Illustrator, starting with copy and paste both bitmaps and vectors. Some stories that you might be interested in upvoting and adding your thoughts to:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, nodrawing_london-

Thanks for reaching out. You're right that a number of these requests are pretty difficult to do, but you can upvote them in UserVoice to let us know that it's worth doing.

First, let me say that we've been working on bringing in objects from Photoshop and Illustrator, starting with copy and paste both bitmaps and vectors. Some stories that you might be interested in upvoting and adding your thoughts to:

Second point:

Last request: we do have an application where you can preview your app. Right now, you can open files from the Creative Cloud on both desktop platforms and connect via USB on Mac, and you can take this offline. While this isn't going to be a fully functioning app, you should be able to do user testing and show your stakeholders your designs on a device.

Hope that helps,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines