• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

panels disappear

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click between "Library" and "Develop"  my right and left panels disappear. How com?

Second question, it takes an eternity for photos to import into LR. Could it be because I'm importing them with the date?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit 'Tab' key to show/hide left and right panel.

What is your OS and exact version of LR?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR version is CC 2017 and Mac is 10.12.4  Are you suggesting that I am accidentally touching my tab key to make the panels disappear?  Hitting that tab key does bring the panels back very nicely, but I am wondering what I've been doing in the first place to make them disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no LR CC 2017 - the current version is CC 2015.x. Please verify that you are using 2015.9

There is 'Tab' and 'F7' and 'F8' to show hide these and of course the 'Auto' function that you can find by right-clicking on the small triangle on each panel.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is 2015.9 (I knew it was the latest version, just didn't see the fine print). My Mac. is also completely up to date. The small triangles do nothing but make the black panels bigger and smaller.  Using the tab key does the same.  The F7 and F8 keys only change the label colors.  Hitting Control, Option, Command and 1 is the only way to bring them back, but that is a lot of work since they disappear each time I try to go from Library to Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FarmerKrach  schrieb

The F7 and F8 keys only change the label colors. 

You did hit 7, 8, 9 .. which changes color labels. Hit F7 and F8 keys.

Please post a screenshot where we can see the problem.

Did you reset the preferences as described by Mohit ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see despite the "show panels" being checked, as soon as I go from Library to Develop, this will often happen and all I can do is hit the command, option, control and 1 keys to bring them back.20170404-Screen_Shot_2017-04-03_at_7.42.54_PM-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh .. this is a known and confirmed bug and Adobe is working on it.

Lightroom 2015.7+: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fam...

http://laurashoe.com/2017/02/22/have-your-lightroom-panels-gone-black/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that interesting that this was a "known and confirmed bug," and yet no one knew it but you.  Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I'm sure they all know. However, sometimes it's not immediately obvious from the descriptions posted. That is why we ask for screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FarmerKrach,

You may try and reset the Lightroom preferences back to default to restore all the original settings.

Refer: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mohit, but I’m really confused by the file locations info in the reference/preference site you give me, and I don’t want to go back to default settings because I need to keep importing with the date.

Rick Krach

in Auburn CA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mohit, but I’m really confused by the file locations info in the reference/preference site you give me, and I don’t want to go back to default settings because I need to keep importing with the date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library and Develop should each remember the panels status for their respective functions. In case that's what's tripping you up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Develop. Press Tab once or twice to bring up one or both side panels - alternately, press F7 and/or F8 until you have your panels as you like. Now go back to Library. Then return to Develop. Your panels should be remembered.  The same applies to Library.  The same situation applies to your panels in Library.

Please confirm if this solves the problem; it's not clear you've tried this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joe; yes, I've tried this, but did not immediately return to Library to make LR remember it.  Next time they disappear I'll find out.  Any idea why it's been happening in the first place even though I have the "show" panels checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have checked the sub-panels that should open when your whole side panel is displayed - the instructions about using Tab, F7 and F8 are about how to make sure your side panel IS displayed.  In other words, your checking of the sub-panels is a subordinate function and doesn't control whether the side panel is displayed in the first place.  Also, if you find you're scrolling a lot through the different modes, check out Solo Mode here http://lightroomkillertips.com/going-solo/​  - it was alifesaver for me when I first learned of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe, I mentioned this earlier that pressing Tab does not bring them back, it only turns the black spaces.  And pressing F7 or F8 only changes the colors and gives me full screen picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines