• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get measurements and feet AND inches 4'6"

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see I can scale to feet or inches but not feet and inches. So 39 inches would be 3'3"

how do i get feet and inches instead of just inches, which i then have to manually calculate to feet and inches anyway by dividing by 12

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gregf2030!,

Sorry for being late in answering you.

Please use the following link to request this feature: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thank You for your feedback.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the mean time maybe make a printed table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is already built into Acrobat, but unfortunately there is no user interface to modify the settings in the PDF file:

A PDF file can contain custom scaling information for one or more areas on a page. This information is then used by Acrobat to display measurements. The system can display measurements in feet/inches, if the PDF file is configured that way. This configuration information is usually added to the file by the PDF generator (e.g. your CAD program). For a PDF document that does not have this information, you are stuck with the options presented by Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl - If this information is not defined, do you know if there's a third party solution to be able to set this?  

So, for example, say that I scan a print into a .pdf.  Is there a way for me to take that .pdf and set custom scaling information?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Architects don't work with decimals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, point the finger at someone else.....sad. PLease spend a little time providing useful tools specific to the trade .... it only makes sense. Please escalate the process of adding the conversion from decimals...which no one uses....to feet and inches. Your sales would increase with one simple change. Feature Request/Bug Report Form hopefully reaches someone interested in fixing this long overdue feature .... Jan 10, 2017?! Guess no ones home.PLease spend a little time providing useful tools specific to the trade .... it only makes sense. Please escalate the process of adding the conversion from decimals...which no one uses....to feet and inches. Your sales would increase with one simple change. Feature Request/Bug Report Form hopefully reaches someone interested in fixing this long overdue feature .... Jan 10, 2017?! Guess no ones home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a successful method of exporting to Acrobat so that the built in measuring tool displays the measurement in architectural units (feet and inches)? If so, please describe your process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Measuring in Adobe is virtually useless. It seems to me that if Adobe would invest even a little bit into their measurement tools they could compete with Bluebeam for A/E firms, but right now it's not comparable. Perhaps I'm overestimating the market sector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLease spend a little time providing useful tools specific to the trade .... it only makes sense. Please escalate the process of adding the conversion from decimals...which no one uses....to feet and inches. Your sales would increase with one simple change. Feature Request/Bug Report Form hopefully reaches someone interested in fixing this long overdue feature .... Jan 10, 2017?! Guess no ones home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines