Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cc crop & content aware selections lines help

Enthusiast ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i have cropped an image with photoshop cc 2017 and i have tried with 2015 cc too

i have selected the white area , and fill with content aware

photoshop creates an amazing result , really amazing

but it does keep the selection lines ,is there a way to avoid them (the line of the seletion ?)

tool i have used to select the white part after the crop and streight the image

PWLGRba.png

1gz7Z6s.png

content aware

eraP8Zy.png

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Oh, now I see. To eliminate the white dashes, move the selection into the picture just a little so content-aware can sample it and cover those white dashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime you create a selection, you  have to deselect it yourself "cmd or ctrl +d" when you decide when you are done. If it deselected automatically after the operation and you wanted to perform another step in the selection, you would have to reselect, and you would not like that.

Also did you know Content-Aware Crop does the same thing as you show and does not leave the selection?

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 9.40.36 AM.png

Of course it would fill all empty wedges, not just the one you select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

thanks for the answer ,i know the crop tool as the content-aware feature

Anytime you create a selection, you  have to deselect it yourself "cmd or ctrl +d" when you decide when you are done.

I would like to fill the blank white are on the left with fill-content aware

how can I do it without selecting the white part?

i have selected the white part ->windows shift+f5 (fill ) content aware and deselect but the lines are still there

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, now I see. To eliminate the white dashes, move the selection into the picture just a little so content-aware can sample it and cover those white dashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks gener7

it's works , but it's weird that when i use the crop tool + content-aware it does not leave dashes

in short to avoid dashes ,the best way is to select the white part ->with the magic wand tool -> select menu (change selection) because with the right click i have NOT the possibility to change selection) and expand a little

is the right way?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content Aware Crop analyzes the entire photo and can calculate how to fill in the empty space.

A selection is different, it can't sample effectively past the area you select, so you do have to modify or expand the selection to get a bit more of the photo. That should work in eliminating the white dashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi

thanks Gener7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines