• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iCloud email

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues emailing photos via LR6.  I'm getting a message that it's failed to establish connection with the outgoing mail server.  I have no issues with my Yahoo account, just the iCloud.  I'm using these settings:

SMTP: Server:    smtp.mail.me.com

SMTP Port:         587

Connection security:   SSL/TLS   (I've tried all 3 options here)

Authentication,,,            Password

along with my iCloud email address, user name (which I think defaults to my email address, and proper password.

Still no connection.

Which part did I do incorrectly?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

With the slight help of Apple, I was able to solve this issue.  I did it mostly on my own, however, Apple did confirm that the settings were correct.  I learned that when you have "constants" like, server name, port #, etc., etc, then the issue must lie elsewhere, like with the variable info we put in, ie, email, password, etc.  In this case, I solved it by trying different email address, user names and security protocols.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post this over at the Apple/Mac/iCloud forums. This has nothing to do with Adobe or Lightroom specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you insist, but I do take some issue with your decision.  I'm using LR and I've seen other posts here addressing emailing through LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC iCloud uses some type of 2 step authentication and LR does not support that. People over at the Apple forums would be better equipped to assist you in that regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a Decision, I haven't locked the thread. It is a Suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the slight help of Apple, I was able to solve this issue.  I did it mostly on my own, however, Apple did confirm that the settings were correct.  I learned that when you have "constants" like, server name, port #, etc., etc, then the issue must lie elsewhere, like with the variable info we put in, ie, email, password, etc.  In this case, I solved it by trying different email address, user names and security protocols.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines